ABAIM Review Course
The ABAIM Review Course is a comprehensive, two-day virtual course on basic concepts in artificial intelligence healthcare.
- Features a LIVE faculty of industry-leading experts
- CME Accredited – 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Course recordings provided
- The Review Course will cover all topics needed to pass the ABAIM Educational Certification Assessment
Learn more by reading our FAQ
Limited registrations available
Download Our Flyer
Need more information? Want to share course details with colleagues? Download our ABAIM Review Course flyer here!
Topics Covered Include
- The Data-To-Intelligence Continuum
- Healthcare Data and Databases
- Machine Learning
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- The Ethics of AI in Healthcare
Before taking the review course,
After taking the review course,
AI Primer for EveryoneAn ideal first step for anyone interested in AI! This course is designed to be accessible to healthcare executives, industry partners, nurses, administrators, students, patients, and all stakeholders.
One-day course teaching just the basics
No programming knowledge or previous AI experience required
No certification available
Introductory CourseThe ABAIM Introductory Course is designed for all attendees. This course provides an introduction to a wider array of topics such as Machine Learning, Healthcare Data & Databases, Robotic Process Automation, and more!
Provides a broad overview of AI in medicine
No programming knowledge or previous AI experience required
Prepares attendees for the Educational Certification
Advanced CourseThis course is designed for graduates of the ABAIM Introductory Course as well as attendees who are familiar with basic AI and data science concepts. It covers a smaller subset of topics in greater detail.
Provides a more in-depth view of fewer topics
Prior knowlege of basic AI and data science suggested
Prepares attendees for the Advanced Educational Certification
Upcoming Sessions All Times Listed in Eastern Time (ET)
The American Board of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine Review Course will entail the following objectives:
- Review the evolution of artificial intelligence in society as well as in medicine and healthcare
- Understand the relevance of artificial intelligence in clinical medicine
- Know the relevant aspects of data, information, and databases in healthcare
- Appreciate how clinicians think and how artificial intelligence can transform the quality of decisions
- Comprehend basic concepts in machine and deep learning and their applications
- Follow the machine learning workflow and barriers to adoption in an organization
- Assess the utility and application of natural language processing and cognitive computing
- Evaluate the future aspects of artificial intelligence in clinical medicine and healthcare
- Recognize important issues of ethics and bias of artificial intelligence in clinical medicine
- Devise artificial intelligence strategies for healthcare organizations and companies
- Explore intellectual and cultural similarities and differences between clinicians and data scientists
- Learn ethics of artificial intelligence in healthcare
What is the American Board of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (ABAIM)?
The ABAIM is an independent, nonprofit organization which aims to assist individuals to complete a certification as a credential for knowledge in the principles and applications of artificial intelligence and human cognition in medicine and healthcare (inclusive of related fields/areas of biomedical informatics, biostatistics, trial design, evidence-based medicine, etc).
The vision is to improve understanding and application of artificial intelligence to pursue improved outcome in clinical medicine and healthcare. The mission is to maintain and advance knowledge and expertise in artificial intelligence and human cognition in clinical medicine and health care by certifying clinicians, healthcare professionals, and students as well as data scientists and other stakeholders who meet the standards of knowledge.
A distinguished multidisciplinary board of officers and leads with a group of advisors comprised of 50+ members (covering subspecialties of clinical medicine, areas of artificial intelligence, or both) was convened for the nascent American Board of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (ABAIM). The advisory group will guide to ABAIM board to execute the strategy to accomplish the vision and mission of the ABAIM.
This course is designed especially for clinicians and healthcare workers as well as students and trainees with little or no background in computer programming, data science, or artificial intelligence as well as data scientists and AI experts who do not have intimate clinical knowledge as we cover many areas in the domains of clinical medicine and artificial intelligence.
This course and assessment with certification is designed for everyone in this domain, with many topics relevant for data scientists in this domain.
The Educational Certification assessment will consist of 110 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 2 hours. Upon successful completion of this assessment with a score of at least 70, the ABAIM Educational Certification will be awarded.
There is a monthly two-day review course and recommended textbooks as well as suggested videos and articles. A study guide is also available to Review Course attendees. There is a mini pre- and post-course assessment before and after the Review Course in preparation for the ABAIM Educational Certification.
The certification is an educational competency certification that will be valid for two years.
There will not be ongoing fees, however there will be a fee for recertification.
There is interest in educational and professional development towards specialized training in the form of fellowship in artificial intelligence in medicine and healthcare.
You can get involved by becoming a sponsor, by donating to our scholarship program, or by letting healthcare leaders and workers know about the Review Course and Educational Certification.